Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Lily Allen

So don’t know how many of you in Oz have got on to Lily Allen, probably heaps as she’s all over youtube, has her own myspace (http://www.myspace.com/lilymusic) and website (lilyallenmusic.com) AND made JJJ’s hottest 100 (twice). Her first single ‘Smile’ made me laugh and showed some seriously profound insight to every girls first breakup.

But her latest single ‘Not Big’ is awesome. And yes she’s right it’s exactly what goes through a girls head after a dumpage.

Have a listen. I couldn’t find the film clip anywhere (the jjj’s said it was awesome) so I’ve just posted some chicks random slide show from youtube with the song in the background.


I love the way she’s not singing some icky love story, or whinging into a microphone about breaking up with her boyfriend and saying how much she’ll miss him. It's The Streets meets Estelle cross skapop.

I love her stuff because her lyrics just smash it, tells it like it is and even manages to rhyme.

I've also posted an interveiw with her about 'not big'.

HOT

P.s I am not a bitter xgirlfriend



No comments: