Sunday, February 25, 2007

Singstar



On Friday night I babysat. I don’t normally do much babysitting but these guys are my favourite family and they’ve just come back from the US. The girls are like me (loud, attention seeking . . .) so we get along fine.

Apart from teaching the 7 yr old the art of sarcasm we engaged in a game of Singstar. For those of you who don’t know this is a form of Karaoke (as a playstation game) – except they score you on how well you hit the notes. Being tone deaf didn’t help but I found myself really getting into it. In the end we were doing dance routines accompanied by the 7 yr old on the French horn - which we then listened to on the playback.

This was my first encounter with such an interactive game – having always avoided they trashy tragedies – I am now a fan. However I find myself wondering how much something like this must be worth for the artists that have their tracks on the game. GOLDMINE I suggest. Whatever the agreement is the peeps that are gracing the game are onto a good thing.

Serious commercial infiltration going on here.

Given I had so much fun I can’t figure out if it’s a good thing or a bad thing for young girls to be imitating pop stars. All I can say is that no wonder there are so many ten yr olds walking around wiggling their booty in mini skirts!!

1 comment:

Lucinda said...

Dude, i rock at singstar!... i challenge you to a singoff..